IRMCO GEL® 986
IRMCO GEL® 986 is a special application lubricant that is a fully synthetic paste with characteristics more of a gel. IRMCO GEL® 986 was designed for larger diameter tube-bending of carbon and stainless steels but has also found limited use on a smaller diameter, aluminized stainless tube.
IRMCO GEL® 986 Usage:
IRMCO GEL® 986 SERIES lubricants are used in specialty automotive OEM emission and exhaust system manufacturing as well as general consumer, exercise equipment and furniture-related tube-bending applications.
IRMCO GEL® 986 tube-bending lubricants are designed to provide optimized lubrication for mandrel tube bending and are used as received. IRMCO GEL® 986 products are typically applied through the mandrel via pressurized applicator or may be applied manually via brush or wipe. Volume of lubricant applied to tooling/tubes can be controlled through applicator settings & controls.
IRMCO GEL® 986 Benefits
- Contains no mineral oil, pigments, phosphorus, chlorine, sulfur, zinc or PFTE (“Teflon”) or any other solid friction modifiers.
- Is viscous-clinging to wipers and mandrel balls preventing/minimizing dripping onto floors.
- Is easily removed in aqueous cleaners in immersion, ultrasonic or spray applications.
- Is used “as received”.
- Is easily waste treated in conventional systems.
- Has successfully replaced chlorinated paraffin containing paste lubricants.
- Is compliant with maintaining ISO 14001 directives.
IRMCO GEL® 986 SERIES lubricants are available in pail and drum quantities. At IRMCO, our global team strives to surpass our client’s expectations and provide tangible, lasting business and environmental value. Contact us today to learn more about IRMCO GEL® 986 SERIES and our capabilities.