Deciding which evaporative lubricant option is best suited for your process requires careful consideration. If the basic “pros” & “cons” listed below don’t cover all of your primary concerns – contact your local IRMCO representative or IRMCO directly @ www.irmco.com for guidance.
Anytime there are very significant changes in process chemistry, slight adjustments to the application process will likely be necessary for seamless operation. Chemical compatibility and resistance to one’s unique process variables should be vetted carefully.
- Excellent surface wetting
- Used as received
- Excellent multi-metal compatibility
- Conventionally do not require removal
- Often flammable or combustible
- Typically, high V.O.C.
- Regularly a respiratory and skin irritant in use
- Typically applied in heavier volume – higher volume of consumption
- Restricted performance – cannot be diluted
- Very good surface wetting
- Can tailor concentration for increased performance
- Extremely low to zero VOC
- Typically, not a respiratory or skin irritant in use
- Not combustible or flammable due to water-content
- Applied very sparingly – comnparatively low volume of consumption
- Multi-metal compatibility – needs to be verified
- Compatibility with regrigerants – needs to be verified