Conventional evaporative lubricants provide the following, general benefits:
- Generally, eliminate the need for cleaning parts.
- Provide a “dry-to-touch” surface.
- Processes are all light-duty stamping or forming, punching, and roll-forming.
- Multi-metal compatible.
- Can allow for parts to go direct to packaging from the press.
- Typically, low cost.
- Conventional evaporative lubricants do not require mixing or diluting.
- Excellent surface wetting allows for higher-speed, light-duty stamping applications.
- Residues or drying times can be modified through process equipment and application.
Newer generation, water-based evaporative lubricants can provide the additional benefits:
- Total or nearly total elimination of V.O.C. (volatile organic compounds).
- Typically provide better punch, shear and tool life.
- Offer flexibility in dilution for heavier-duty parts or processes.
- Can offer comparable dryness and drying times.
- Applied through conventional application equipment.
- Often provide better, quicker cooling due to water content.