IRMCO’s 980 SERIES
IRMCO GEL® 980 tube-bending lubricants are clean-running, fully synthetic lubricants designed specifically for mandrel tube-bending and forming applications. IRMCO GEL 980 products are best suited for use on mild and stainless steels and are suitable for many bending applications on Inconel, Monel, and titanium tubes.
IRMCO’s 980 SERIES Usage
IRMCO GEL® 980 SERIES are extensively used in automotive OEM exhaust and emission systems, suspension, and structural support manufacturing – as well as general consumer, exercise equipment, medical and architectural equipment tube-bending, and aerospace applications.
IRMCO GEL tube-bending lubricants are designed to provide optimized lubrication for mandrel tube bending and are used as received. IRMCO GEL 980 products are typically applied through the mandrel via a pressurized applicator or may be applied manually via brush or wipe. The volume of lubricant applied to tooling/tubes can be controlled through applicator settings and controls.
IRMCO’s 980 SERIES Benefits
- Contains no mineral oils or pigments.
- Are highly viscous (between NLGI 0 and 00) and prevent or minimize weeping or dripping onto floors.
- Are easily removed in aqueous cleaners in immersion, ultrasonic, or spray applications.
- Require no dilution – they are used as received.
- Are easily waste-treated in conventional systems.
- Can often be welded through without prior removal *.
- Often provide enough secondary lubrication or can be minimally reapplied for end forming swaging or flaring operations.
- Are more compliant with maintaining ISO 14001 directives.
IRMCO GEL® 980 SERIES tube-bending lubricants are conventionally available in pail and drum quantities. At IRMCO, our global team strives to surpass our client’s expectations and provide tangible, lasting business and environmental value. Contact us today to learn more about IRMCO GEL® 980 SERIES and our capabilities for providing high-quality tube-bending lubricants.