At IRMCO, we specialize in custom, oil-free lubricants for the tube-bending industry. With over 100 years of experience, we understand the standards and quality that are required to work within the industry. Not only were IRMCO products some of the first oil-free stamping fluids – but IRMCO developed the first “gelled” tube-bending lubricants – engineered to stay put and be applied in minimal quantity. IRMCO EXTREME® built further upon that success and IRMCO continues to be a leading provider and innovator of oil-free alternatives for all stamping markets.
TUBE BENDING STAMPING FLUIDS SOLUTIONS
During the tube bending process, IRMCO GEL® & EXTREME® tube-bending lubricants provide internal lubrication of tubes and mandrels during bending processes, while also providing external lubrication for tube outer surfaces and wipers/dies.
Where end-forming, swaging, flaring and other post-bending applications are performed, IRMCO provides oil-free stamping lubricants especially suited for those processes’ unique demands. Depending upon the post-bending operation and the metal substrate – IRMCO 080, 090, 146, 323 or 536 series stamping fluids would be recommended to maximize tool life and part quality.
At IRMCO, we work with a complete range of materials to offer customers in the tube bending industry a large choice in specifications for their oil-free lubrication needs. IRMCO’s stamping fluids are safe for mild and stainless steel materials including CRS, HRS, Aluminized steels, standard stainless steel alloys and aluminized stainless steel.
IRMCO GEL® products are available in open-head drums and in pails and our IRMCO EXTREME® products are most commonly available in open-head drums and pails and one specialty product is available in tote container.
LUBRICANTS FOR THE TUBE BENDING INDUSTRY
- IRMCO EXTREME® 460-SERIES – suitable for aluminized steel and aluminized stainless steel tube ≤ 6” O.D.
- IRMCO GEL® 980-SERIES – suitable for mild steel and standard stainless steel alloy tube ≤ 6” O.D.
- IRMCO 986 GEL – suitable for mild steel and standard stainless steel alloy tube ≤ 8” O.D.
- IRMCO FLUIDS® 146 SERIES – heavy duty drawing and stamping of mild and high strength steels
- IRMCO FLUIDS® 536 SERIES – medium to severe duty drawing and stamping fluids – heavily fortified with EP additives. Excellent for stainless, mild and high strength steels
- IRMCO FLUIDS® 080 SERIES – heavy duty stamping lubricants are fully synthetic fluids designed for heavy duty stamping and drawing of ferrous and nonferrous metals.
- IRMCO FLUIDS® 090 SERIES – heavy duty stamping lubricants are fully synthetic fluids designed for medium to heavy duty stamping and drawing of ferrous and some nonferrous metals.
- IRMCO FLUIDS® 323 SERIES – stamping lubricants are fully synthetic fluids specifically designed for stamping and drawing of mild and some high strength steels.
IRMCO’S STAMPING FLUIDS FOR TUBE BENDING BENEFITS
- IRMCO GEL® & EXTREME® products “STAY PUT” – minimizing/eliminating weeping/dripping and chemical waste.
- IRMCO GEL® & EXTREME® lubricants are easily applied manually or through the mandrel.
- Possible elimination of intermediate cleaning of parts between processes
- Easier weld-through compared to oil-based lubricants
- Easier to inspect parts for quality over oil-based products
- Clean easier in aqueous cleaners
At IRMCO, our global team strives to surpass our client’s expectations and provide tangible, lasting business and environmental value. Contact us today to learn more about IRMCO FLUIDS® and our capabilities.