IRMCO’s 080 series stamping lubricants were originally designed as oil-free, heavy duty options to conventional, chlorinated paraffin-based and emulsifiable-oil stamping fluids. Products in this series have been used extensively in stamping automotive, heavy industrial, appliance, lawn & garden and durable consumer goods parts for decades. IRMCO’s 080 series lubricants are also used in some mandrel tube-bending applications on mild steel and uncoated stainless-steel tubes.
IRMCO FLUIDS 080 Series Product Profile
- Well suited for stamping conventional mild steels – up to 800 MPa tensile strength AHSS steels, uncoated stainless-steels and aluminum alloys.
- Easily mixed with water to form stable solutions using conventional chemical proportioning systems (HYDROBLEND, “venturi”-type and other mixing).
- Optimally applied via spray or roller application. Easily applied manually via swabbing, brushing or wiping.
- Demonstrate excellent “weld-through” characteristics* over conventional oil-based stamping lubricants.
- Compatible with conventional, aqueous surface cleaning and pretreatment chemical regimes prior to powder paint, e-coat and porcelain enameling processes.
- Oil, nitrite, chlorine, sulfur, boron and triazine/formaldehyde-free chemistry.