IRMCO’s 090 series of stamping lubricants were formulated as oil-free, heavy duty options to conventional, chlorinated paraffin-based, emulsifiable-oil stamping fluids. Products in this series have been used extensively in stamping automotive, heavy industrial, appliance, lawn and garden and durable consumer goods parts for decades. IRMCO’s 090 series lubricants are also used in some mandrel tube-bending of mild steel and stainless-steel tube applications (contact your IRMCO representative to determine suitability for your application).
IRMCO FLUIDS 090 Series Product Profile
- Well suited for stamping conventional mild steels – up to 700 MPa AHSS steels, uncoated stainless steels and some aluminum alloys.
- Easily mixed with water to form stable solutions using conventional chemical proportioning systems (HYDROBLEND, “venturi”- type and other mixing).
- Optimally applied via spray or roller application. Easily applied manually via swabbing, brushing, or wiping.
- Demonstrate excellent “weld-through” characteristics* over conventional oil-based stamping lubricants.
- Compatible with conventional, aqueous surface cleaning and pretreatment chemical regimes prior to powder paint, e-coat and porcelain enameling processes.
- Oil, nitrite, chlorine, sulfur, boron and triazine/formaldehyde-free chemistry.