1. Do you have a automotive approval(s) for your lubricants?
2. How will your lubricant affect my welding processes?
IRMCO FLUIDS® stamping lubricants are water-based and water-soluble fluids that are easily removed in conventional pretreatment processes in the automotive, appliance, heavy equipment, aerospace, and other manufacturing industries. Although the universally recommended industrial welding processes specify only welding completely clean metal surfaces together – some customers choose to “weld without washing”. The organic, oil-free residues typically “burn clean” in automated welding processes.
3. Do your lubricants contain chlorinated paraffins?
4. Can your lubricants be spray and roller applied?
IRMCO FLUIDS® stamping lubricants can be optimally applied “through the die”, via a spray applicator or roller applicator. Depending upon your production process (process speed and whether it is blank-fed or coil-fed) your IRMCO representative will work with you to optimize your method of application to ensure proper lubrication with minimal waste.
5. Can you meet the cost of my current lubricant?
In most/many instances -yes. IRMCO realizes operational costs are a major driving force in lubricant selection. However, operational costs are also driven by scrap reduction, lowered chemical consumption and other process improvements – all of which IRMCO brings to our customers.
6. Do you have one lubricant that can be used on aluminum, mild steel, zinc-coated steels & stainless steels in the same facility?
Just as with most things in life, “one size does NOT necessarily fit all”. IRMCO always strives to offer the greatest compatibility/utility to our customers through careful evaluation of customer and process needs. We strive to offer our customers the greatest performance and value with the greatest convenience.
7. What type of lab testing can you perform or provide to show differences between your lubricants and the one(s) I’m using now?
IRMCO regularly offers comparative coefficient of friction (CoF) testing on customer-supplied production substrates, comparative stain/corrosion, stability, and other physical characteristic evaluations.
8. Do IRMCO lubricants contain oil?
IRMCO FLUIDS® stamping lubricants contain no mineral oils. Our stamping lubricants are all water-based, fully water soluble, and have excellent biodegradability and safety profiles.